HONEY………a quality health booster
Lemon water with honey, that’s a perfect way to start the day. Honey has been long in discussion since ancient times because of it multiple health benefits. Honey is a source of carbohydrates, containing 80% natural sugar — mostly fructose and glucose, 18% water, 2% minerals, vitamins, proteins. The vitamins present in honey are B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and certain amino acids. The minerals found in honey include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. Apart from its nutritive food value, honey is extensively used for its medicinal properties in alternate medicine.
- Honey has powerful antioxidants with antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Nutritious: It is a healthier choice over artificial and factory made sweeteners as it has natural vitamins and minerals including B6, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, zinc, iron etc.
- Good for digestion: Honey has a greater glycemic index; its sugars can be gradually absorbed into the bloodstream to result in better digestion.
- Boosts the immunity: Honey offers both anti bacterial and antioxidant properties. Both can help to give your immune system a boost, helping to keep you from getting illnesses, like the common cold, the flu, and more.
- Energy booster: Honey is a source of carbohydrates which provide strength and energy to our bodies. If case of fatigue, honey can help a lot. Honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes.
- Also, honey is free of cholesterol and it has been reported that adding small amounts of it in the daily diet could even help keep cholesterol levels in check.
- Remedy for cold and cough: Honey is a soothing remedy for persistent coughs and sore throat. The strong antibiotic property of honey coats the throat and reduces throat irritation.
- Honey and weight loss: Honey is a natural sweetener that contains 22 amino acids including a variety of minerals, which are important for metabolism and therefore helpful in preventing obesity.
You can start adding honey to your diet in many ways. Add honey to your tea, use it to sweeten your cereal, mix it in your desserts and beverages.