If you’ve found that munching sugary snacks just makes you crave more sugary snacks, you’re not alone. The problem comes not when we indulge in a sweet treat now and then, but when we over-consume as it start affecting our health with problems like weight gain, tooth cavities, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases etc.
Here are some tips to help you cope with sugar cravings:
- Give in a little or take in combination. Eat a bit of what you’re craving, maybe a small cookie or a fruit. If you have a desperate craving for chocolate, then dip some 4-5 almonds in a choco dip and have them.
- Grab some gum, fennel seeds, ajwain seeds. If you want to avoid giving in to a sugar craving completely, try chewing a stick of gum.
- Incorporate Protein/healthy fat Into Each Meal to control blood sugar levels.
- Add condiments and spices like coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom as they naturally sweeten your foods and reduce cravings.
- Divert your mind by listening to music or pursuing you favourite activity.
- Keep sugary snacks out of your house and office.
- Drink lots of water and herbal teas.
- Brush your teeth after every meal as it reduces the craving.
- Go in for detox, it resists your appetite and reduces sugar craving as well.